Friday, January 21, 2011

last years attempt to blog and this was my only post. . .

Monday, January 4, 2010


So in church last sunday during sunday school we were talking about Gods mission statement, "For behold this is my work and my glory to bring to past the immortality and eternal life of men"  I was thinking about this past year and how hard the Advesary has worked on our family trying to tear it apart. . . . long story short, he wont win.   New years eve I was driving with Jeff and Abby, coming back from Pirate Island and shopping.  Jeff was driving and I was looking at our windshield.  The windsheild wiper on my side was broken so I could only see out through a foggy dirty window with smudges all over, but I looked at Jeffs side and it was complelty clean and sparkled with a clear vision.  I could use so many analogies for this, but the first thing I thought of was how often do we see each other through a blurry window?  To make this thought shorter, cause I could elaborate forever, I thought about Gods Purpose and how we are all children of God.  We are all striving to return to live with him and be an eternal family.  How often are we quick to judge and see eachother through a blurry vision, focusing more on each others weakness  instead of strengths.  How much more effective and good could we do if we only saw eachother as who we really are. . . children of God all stiving to return to live with him.  We all have weakness that we need to learn to overcome and who are we to judge another for their weakness when we have to many of our own.  If we could only help eachother to over come these weaknesses through love and through following the example of our savior.  The advesary could never even get close to succeeding if we center our lives on Christ.  I think one of my new years goal this year is to keep in focus Gods purpose, to follow our saviors example.  Too not see one another through a glass darkley, but rather through Gods eyes. . . .I am so grateful for the gospel and for my family and to know of our purpose here so we can always stay focused on what really matters. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment