Sunday, January 15, 2012

Endless Circle of Love

Wow I can not believe it is already 2012!!!  Can I just say, this already had been one of the best years so far!!  I love New beginnings, I love feeling like at the end of of a year you can toss out any trash that has been in your life, any excess weight, or negative baggage, all past mistakes, all contentions, all the trials and heartache and things that went wrong that year.   I feel at the end of the year I get to toss those out of my life, keeping with me only the good times, the lessons I learned from the bad times, and most importantly clinging to LOVE and with that love starting new and fresh and beginning the next chapter in my life. 

This morning I woke up to the sound of my two sweet girls giggling in their bedroom, I went to go check on them and Maylee had crawled into bed next to Abby and they were sharing a pillow, lying under the covers and just giggling and playing.  A few minutes later they both came and jumped in bed with us and we listened as Abby told us her dreams, and Maylee played with her kitty, and we just enjoyed the morning laughing and havin a good time.  I thought back to when I was a younger girl and loved to play house, and pretend that I had a husband, and that my babies dolls were real babies I got to take care of. And for a brief moment I felt like I was playing house again.  Everything was perfect as if I had always imagined.   I am married to a great man who loves us and strives daily to live his life in accordance with the gospel so he can bring blessing to our family through his rightous desires.   We have two beautiful daughters who love eachother more then anything and are truley best friends.   They are the best gifts I have ever received from our Heavenly Father and I am ever so grateful.   Our home this morning was filled with laughter and love and happy times and just the peacefull bliss that makes a home truley a home, and I realized that my reality is truley a great one!!   Some people are blessed with richnessess in money and have all the materlistic things they can ever dream of, but I am thankful to be blessed with the richness of LOVE.  We might have our struggles with finances, with organizations, with being on a schedule, but our home is a home of love and a home where the spirit can truley reside.  and that is true richness. 

So there are two words that sum up the new year and that is GRATITUDE and LOVE!   I have so much gratitude for our loving Heavenly Father who loves us so much that he has provided us with his gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and with the answers and way to live a life full of meaning, and purpose and safety and love.   I know this life is a time to be tested and tried in all things, and that we are meant to have trials and struggles, that we are made aware of our weaknesses and that it just plain isnt easy.  But I KNOW that when we trust in our Heavenly Father and strive to live our lives in accordance with his plan, that these trials, weakness, heartaches, and struggles, will only make us stronger, and bless our life in the end.  I truley believe that in every storm there is a rainbow, in other words with every struggle comes more then one but many   blessings that await us.  So I am grateful to my Heavenly Father and to my Savior Jesus Christ that through his atonement we can be cleansed from our imperfections, we can be strengthened in our trials, we can be comforted in our heartaches and we can gain strength in all things, that through his LOVE we can be blessed and made a better person.   There is so much love in this life, there is so much goodness to take ahold of and I am grateful for that. 

Through all of the knowledge I have learned, the most important thing I have learned is just how much Heavenly Father loves us.   I know that we are not alone, I know that we can rely upon him and trust in him and be blessed.  So this year I want to focus more on the blessings in my life instead of the trials, I want to change my focus to have my eye on that ever shining beacon of light so that when the storms and trails of life come, I can have confidence in not only in my heavenly father but in myself also to know that all things will work out and be for my good.   So here is to the new year, 2012 and the many blessings and adventures that await us.  

I love this months message by the first presideny of the church, "Living the Abundent Life"
"William James, a pioneering American psychologist and philosopher, wrote, “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives."

So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment.
Charles Swindoll—author, educator, and Christian pastor—said: “Attitude, to me, is more important than … the past, … than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company, a church, a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.”
We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude.

Be honest with yourself, with others, and with your Heavenly Father. One who was not honest with God until it was too late was Cardinal Wolsey who, according to Shakespeare, spent a long life in service to three sovereigns and enjoyed wealth and power. Finally, he was shorn of his power and possessions by an impatient king. Cardinal Wolsey cried:

Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities.
C is for courage. Courage becomes a worthwhile and meaningful virtue when it is regarded not so much as a willingness to die manfully but as a determination to live decently.
Said the American essayist and poet Ralph Waldo Emerson: “Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide on, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.”5
There will be times when you will be frightened and discouraged. You may feel that you are defeated. The odds of obtaining victory may appear overwhelming. At times you may feel like David trying to fight Goliath. But remember—David did win!
Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve.
Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”

These were my favorite parts from their article, which is almost he whole article but this really sums up my feelings that I have had these last few months and what I want to strive for in my life.   So here is to the new year, 2012 and living a more abudent life!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment